Whether you are overseeing a larger or smaller group of employees, it is often difficult to make each person feel appreciated. More times than not there are many other work related situations and tasks to consider and this is not an employer’s focal point.
Here are some ideas to improve workplace culture and make employees feel supported and acknowledged, and therefore feel valued and respected.
1) Communicate with employees. Make it part of a routine to stop by a desk or office and check in.
2) Be cognizant of employees’ aspirations and provide room for growth and change.
3) Be willing to recognize and compensate employee’s achievements with bonuses and awards.
4) Provide regular professional development opportunities by encouraging participation in seminars and classes and even by introducing related text and book sharing.
5) Start up an employee recognition program! Most are an easy and a fun addition to a company. They integrate employee appreciation into the work day and help strengthen peer to peer relationships. Checkout out PerkSweet to get started!
Freshen up the workplace and put these suggestions in play and watch the whole work environment change as employees feel credited, recognized, valued and respected.